Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blog 39: Rearranging

This past weekend I decided to do some rearranging.  I thought, why not?  I have always wanted to do and I had the time.  What inspired me was going to one of my friends' houses.  She has an amazing bedroom.  Kind of my dream room.  Connected to her ceiling halfway around her room is a little shelf.  The shelf is completely filled with movies.  The room is mainly a black, white and gray room.  Then she has amazing furniture.  Her desk and dresser are beautiful and what she has on them is even better.  Her desk and a huge mirror on it and her dresser has a stack of Seventeen, Teen Vogue and Cosmo magazines.  It also has assorted lotions and perfumes.  There is also a ledge around her room that has books all lined up on it.  Finally, she has an amazing closet filled with clothes and shelves with her shoes on them.  
After leaving her house I felt inspired.  She knows how much I love her room and told me that I should change my room then if I so desired. I have two connecting rooms.  One has my bed in it, and one is a sitting room with a couch, tv, etc.  I can't really arrange my room with the beds in it, but I arranged my other room. I didn't do much at all, but just the slight adjustments I made, made such a difference in my mind.  It made is seem much more spacious and I love it.  I basically just switched my table and benches, but I really like it.  I also am now thinking about staining my benches with a dark stain because they have always been just plain wood.  We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment