Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blog 24: Vikings

Last week, the Minnesota Vikings played the Green Bay Packers and won the game! That caused them to be able to go to the playoffs this week.  In the playoff wildcard game on Saturday night, the Vikings once again faced the Packers.  This time, they weren't so lucky.  I was pleasantly surprised last week when they won, it was an awesome game! I was sad that Adrian Peterson didn't break the record, only 8 yards short, but I was still happy they won.  
This week was a different story.  Christian Ponder was out, which wasn't very good for the Vikes.  Everyone always complains about him, but he's the bet we've got.  Joe Webb was our quarterback and unfortunately didn't do very well.  I felt kind of bad for him.  He's only ever played three games in the NFL.  He won his other two, but being thrown in the playoff game with as little experience as he has, wasn't very lucky for him.  He seems to be an amazing athlete, but maybe not quarterback.
My two cousins and uncle came over to my house on Saturday night to watch the game.  They were pretty sad, but I don't know if anyone really expected us to win.  My cousin LOVES Joe Webb.  He thinks he's the best athlete of all time.  I really like the guy too.  He was super happy to see him play, but sad to see him not do too well.  However, I think Webb did make a few good plays.  I love football, and I'm really sad to see the Vikings be out, but I'm happy and surprised that they made it this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment