Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blog 26: Super Fans

This year, a couple of my friends and I decided to be sports “Super Fans.”  To be a super fan we have to go to one of each sporting event, including boys and girls.  So far we have been doing really well.  I think of all of my friends, I am the most into succeeding at this.  My friend Rachel is too.  She made t-shirts that have all the sports listed on the back so we can check them off as we go. 
Last night I made a calendar for January and February, listing all of the home sporting events for the winter sports.  At least of the ones we haven’t gone to.  I have gone to so many sports already.  We’ve went to tennis, boys and girls soccer, football games, and many more.  This winter season we have already gone to gymnastics.  I still need to do basketball, hockey and skiing. 
I love going to all the different sporting events.  It is something that I wish I had done all of high school.  It is obviously a lot easier now that all my friends and I can drive.  It is also probably quite a bit more fun since we know people on the varsity sports teams.  I am really excited to get to see all of the sports.  I realized that before this year, all I had ever really watched was football and soccer.  It was so interesting to me to watch swimming and gymnastics.  Those were two sports I had never watched besides in the Olympics and I didn’t even know really how they were scored.

No comments:

Post a Comment