Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blog 33: College

I have finally made up my mind as to where I will be attending college next year.  I am going to go to Franciscan University of Steubenville Ohio.  I never thought I would go there, ever.  My sister attends there, and I have visited a couple times.  The first few times I went there, I thought it was a lovely school, but that it really wasn't for me.  All the people seemed pretty conservative and the school has a small population of about 3,000.
All of my qualifications for school that I always had in my mind, aren't included in Steubenville, but for some reason I still absolutely love it.  When I thought of college before, I always said I wanted a big school, I wanted it to be in Minnesota and I wanted it to be a fairly cheap school.  Well none of this is true about Steubenville.  The school is super small, it is in Ohio and it is way more than I really want to spend on college.  I also realized that all the things I said I wanted, kind of turned out to be false.  When I went and visited big colleges, I hated them.  I started to think about it and realized I wanted to go out of state too.
There were also many things I love about Steubenville specifically.  It is a gorgeous, cute little campus, all the people seem super sweet and nice, and when I was there, I had the campus feel, which I liked a lot.  They also have a ton of fun intramueral sports, wonderful acedemic opportunities and a fantastic study abroad program.
I am still trying to get other people on board with the school.  My dad isn't really a fan, he doesn't like how much the school costs, or how conservative it is.  I'm also trying to convince one of my friends to go to school there with me, but it's not going so well. I got her to apply, but that is as far as it has really gone.  It would be a blast if she goes with me, but I don't think she wants to go that far away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment