Thursday, January 3, 2013

Blog 22: Arizona

Every year I leave for Arizona on the twenty sixth of December.  I go with my sister, my grandparents and my cousin.  We stay until the first of January.  I look forward to that week every year.  We always go swimming and play a lot of sports which is my favorite part.  Tennis is my favorite thing to play, but everyone else seems to like to play pickleball better.  I think that is really fun too. I also love soaking up some sun because Minnesota winters are usually pretty depressing. 
This year on my trip, I met some pretty interesting people.  My grandparents have a house in Arizona that is in a 55 plus community.  This allows them to have the pool, various game courts and a club house.  While at the club house, my cousin and I met an old man named Jim.  He has lived in the park for quite some time and he is Greek.  He had a great accent and I loved talking with him.  He told me stories about when he first came to America and about how he owned his own restaurant.  I loved to listen to him tell stories, and I think he loved to have someone listen.  For the rest of the week whenever we saw him, we would say hi and talk to him.
One night at the hot tub, my sister, cousin and I met another interesting guy.  He was from Canada.  He was probably in his mid thirties and had a wonderful accent as well.  We never learned his name even though we saw and spoke to him numerous times.  He said he came to the park five weeks a year to see his parents.  I was thinking that I have get whatever job that guy has that allows him to travel so much.
I love meeting new people in Arizona, because a lot of the time, I end up seeing and talking to them again the next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment