Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blog 23: Rawhide

Every year in Arizona my family and I go to a place called Rawhide.  I don't know why I love it so much, but every year I really look forward to it.  It is a country western place.  It has a nice restaurant and tons of other fun activities.  Some days there are rodeos, I love watching the bull riding.  There is also a mechanical bull that my sister finally rode this year.  Every year she talks about doing it, but this year she finally did.
We usually go to Rawhide on New Year's Eve.  At least that's what we have done for the last few years.  It is always my favorite night.  There are so many people and so much country music.  There are live bands and   fireworks at midnight.  I used to always love to ride the donkeys and do the hay ride when I was younger.  At Rawhide, there are also a ton of old time shops.  They have cowboy hats and boots and different candies.
This year at Rawhide was the best one yet.  It was really cold for it being Arizona this year on New Year's Eve.  They had a ton of bonfires all around, I loved the smell of them.  There was a live singer and there weren't many people listening to him yet because the night was still young.  For some reason, I proposed the idea that we go and start dancing in front of the stage.  The man then talked to us in between songs and asked if any one was a singer, I said yes.  I drug my sister up on the stage and we sang with the guy for about 15 minutes.  It was so much fun!  More and more people started to come and listen to us sing.  I was nervous at first but then I was just having too much fun to be scared.  Little did we know that there were speakers projecting our voices around the entire place!

No comments:

Post a Comment