Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blog 29: Poetry

Recently I have had to write a lot of poetry.  After I'm done with this blog I will have to write some more.  Last week, my poetry portfolio was do.  That consisted of thirty poems, about fifteen structured and fifteen free-writes.  Now we have to do our final project where one of the options is to do an additional poetry portfolio.  I am doing this one.  Fortunately, this one only needs twenty poems. I feel like for the past two weeks all I have been doing is writing poems.
For this poetry portfolio, my theme is School.  For the last one, we didn't need to have a theme.  I think I may be running out of ideas.  My creativity seems to be fading.  I have been working really hard at it and I hope I think of more things to write about.  I have written about basically every subject I have and a bunch of other randomness.
I am currently brainstorming ideas for poetry as I am writing this.  I am also listening to some Third Eye Blind on my computer.  I love Third Eye Blind, classic 90's.  My favorite.  I thought that maybe music could be an inspiration for poetry.  Not necessarily Third Eye Blind, but music in general.  I listen to classical music often when I am trying to concentrate or brainstorm.  Especially when I try to soak up information, like studying for physics.  It helps to decrease my stress level and just think freely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment